Anwar assumes PKR Sabah & Sarawak state leadership; KT briefs

By Kung Chin Chin on Friday, January 02, 2009

Filed Under:

Firstly, KeADILan has gone ahead and reshuffled a little bit the state leaders (”State Liasion Chiefs”) around the country.

Notably, DSAI himself has been made state chief for Sabah and Sarawak. Such an appointment is something of a procedural oddity - one that obviously signals a very firm commitment to making serious inroads in East Malaysia.

On the whole, I think the move is a welcome one. Too long have our brothers and sisters across the South China Sea been neglected and given a bad deal. Sending the top gun to personally oversee developments there is I think appropriate.

In other news, Mat Sabu seems to be out of the running for the KT candidacy? If so, this is a little unfortunate, as I quite like the guy (on top of everything, he’s quite entertaining. Don’t be surprised if it’s just a ruse though, politics = possible).

I quite like Syed Azman too, so I’d be happy with him.

But I’m not going to meddle too much in Pas internal politics, save perhaps to note that like all political parties, I think there are divergent factions, and I think the final announcement of the candidate may reveal certain trends.

Over lunch the other day, my colleagues and I were joking: perhaps the selection of Wan Farid was a typical hedge bet by Najib.

If he wins, he can say it’s because of the transition plan. If he loses, he can say it was because it was Abdullah’s man.

Sneaky fler!

Alright, will beg your pardon if this blog quiets down a bit for Christmas and new year - family time!! :)

2 comments for this post

Anonymous

Happy new year and congratulations on your new blog. Wishing you success and all the best in your political pursuits. Haha, of all the people, I least expect you to be the first follower of my blog! Thank you.

Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2009 8:27:00 AM  

Thanks, what your blogs add?

Posted on Saturday, January 03, 2009 9:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Comments Form